Rainbow Six Siege
Y5S2 Patch Notes:
Operation Steel Wave
- House map rework
- Tweaks to Amaru’s Garra hook
- Nerf to Ela’s Grzmot mines
- New defensive universal gadget
- Weapon attachments cosmetics
- and more!
Operation Steel Wave Release Date
Release date of Operation Steel Wave has been confirmed by Ubisoft for 16th June 2020.
Operation Steel Wave is on the way to save your day!— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) June 15, 2020
📅 Tuesday, June 16
🎮 XB1: 8 AM EDT / 12:00 UTC
🎮 PS4: 9 AM EDT / 12:00 UTC
🖱 PC: 10 AM EDT / 14:00 UTC
Steel Wave: https://t.co/9BczNkwbPQ
Addendum: https://t.co/uEb0HGRWga pic.twitter.com/kDdgAHy8U6
Year 5 Season Pass holders will have 7 days early access to new Y5S2 operators. From 23rd of June the rest of R6 Siege community will be able to purchase Ace & Melusi.
The newest attacker in Rainbow Six Siege is from Norway and his name is Ace. The Steel Wave R6 attacker will be a 2 speed 2 armor operator.
Ace joins Hard Breachers on the attack, with an ability called Selma.
ACE's ABILITY - SELMA:
- Selma will have a sequential explosion nature, which means that the smallest opening of 1 Selma sequence is similar to that of Hibana’s single charge (6 pellets). The maximum of 3 sequences creates an opening similar to Thermite’s Exothermic charge.
- No sequential explosions follow when placed on horizontal surfaces
When fuzing, Selma shows an indication on the opposite side of the wall and generates sound (gas leaking like). This will help Breach denial defenders with countering Ace’s gadget.
The detonation of deployed Selma is automatic.
- The detonation of Selma charge does not deal much damage to operators close to the wall (on either side).
During the stream developer mentioned approx. 5 hp
- To open a reinforced hatch, Ace will need to deploy 2 Selmas
- Selma destroys any defensive gadget within its deploying area, so Ace becomes a counter to deployable shields, Black Mirrors, and other defensive utility.
Pump shotgun available to FBI CTU.
Just like other shotguns available as a primary weapon to attackers, M1014 on Ace won't be a popular choice (to say the least).
Good pistol available to GIGN operators.
Universal gadgets for Ace R6 operator will be Breaching charges and Smoke grenades.
MELUSI ABILITY - BANSHEE:
Melusi will have access to 3 Banshee devices
- Banshee emits a loud sound when an attacker(s) is present within its effective radius.
On top of that, Melusi’s gadget slows down the movement of an impacted attacker(s) – effect gets stronger the closer attacker is to Banshee
Banshee is a deployable device (can’t be thrown) and can be placed on both vertical and horizontal surfaces
Her gadget does not impact aim sensitivity – unlike “old” Ela’s Grzmot mines
- Melusi’s unique ability can’t be destroyed by bullets.
To get rid of Banshee, R6 attackers will have to use explosives (Zofia, Ash, Kali) or melee the gadget.
Thatcher’s EMP and Twitch’s Shock drones will help attackers with temporary deactivation of Banshee.
- The newest Steel Wave defender will offer synergy to Smoke and Goyo utility since attackers won’t have much chance to escape Gas canisters
HOUSE MAP REWORK:
Other major changes:
As per Y5S2 patch notes, this may change with the upcoming buff. A closed window that Amaru intends to rappel into will break significantly later than before!
The sound cue will still be there, but defenders have no longer a visual indication of the exact window.
Additionally, Amaru will be able to attach her hook to closed unreinforced hatches.
Very welcome change if you ask me. I might give Amaru a go in Y5S2!
NEW DEFENSIVE GADGET:
Differences between both gadgets go even further:
- Proximity alarm can be shot by attackers but is smaller than Banshee
- The new gadget does not slow down the attacker(s) movement
A full list of defenders who can equip proximity alarm has not been released, yet.
RANKED MODE CHANGEs:
Ranked matches will be available only from Clearance Level 50 (vs. current 30 Lvl restriction)
MMR will be shared across regions and the Champion leaderboard will be unified globally.
The above changes may impact positively issue of smurfing and cheating in Rainbow Six Siege, as well as manipulation of MMR and boosting to Champion.
Weapon Attachments skins:
Ubisoft has confirmed that we will have the ability to change the color of our weapon attachments with Y5S2. Skins will be available on sights, barrels, grips, and laser sight (the mounting, not the laser itself).
From the start of Y5S2 Operation Steel Wave, we will have access to 3 colors – gray, black, and tan.
Initial skins will be available for free. We can expect further skins available in the future – probably purchasable via renown and R6 credits, just like other cosmetics.
ECHO ELITE SKIN
in Y5S2 patch:
- Dashing through the wall takes 5 HP instead of 10 HP
- MP5 can use angled grip
- Gets Proximity alarm instead of Bulletproof camera
- Both operators receive alternative pistol options – PRB892 and LFP586 respectively
- Camera shake effect removed from Yokai stun effect
- Fixed length of concussion – 10 seconds
- Gets impact grenades instead of a deployable shield (a pity)
- Lance fuse time reduction to 1.5s from 2.5s
- Reduced weapon climb on CSRX300
- Gets SPSM9 instead of P22 Mk5
- Reviving teammates with Nanoboost gives them 30 HP instead of 5 HP.
- Just like Ela’s Grzmot mine, Concussion mines will no longer impact players’ sensitivity settings
Lastly in Y5S2 patch notes Ubisoft mentions the addition of match cancellation feature. Teams who have an unfortunate situation of starting a Ranked match in a man-count disadvantage will be able to vote for match cancellation. Voting for match cancellation will not result in ranking points changes. so no ELO is lost or won by either team.
The addition of such a feature is great as playing a ranked match 4v5 from the start is no fun. What happens most of the time is that team waits for 2 rounds to finish so that they can surrender the match. It’s an unnecessary waste of time and ELO.