- Powerful gadget in right hands
- Good weapons
- Flexible playstyle
- Unique gadget requires game knowledge
Table of Content
Raised in Kyoto City, Azami blurs the lines between the ultra-modern and the traditional. Boxed in by the rigid rules of her household, she found outlets for self-expression through fashion and physical combat. Her focus and determination allowed Azami to progress quickly through the ranks of Aikido. This aptitude, as well as her dedicated study of languages, served her well when she moved to Tokyo to study at the Metropolitan Police Academy.
While working as a motorcycle officer Azami gained her 3rd Dan in Jujitsu and her 5th Dan in Aikido, earning her a spot in the Security Police division of the TMPD. She fell out with her sensei after failing to achieve the serenity necessary to progress.
After facing suspension due to multiple violent outbursts in the line of duty, she subsequently chose to join the private sector as a bodyguard. Azami worked exclusively for Masayuki Yahata in Fukuoka before his death led her to re-establish contact with Yumiko “Hibana” Imagawa.
Detailed information on how to play Azami
What is aZAMI'S utility?
What is the role of Kiba Barriers?
- area denial
- delaying push
- creating new lines of sight
Kiba Barrier characteristics:
- 5 Kiba available per round
- Azami starts round with only 1 available Kiba
- Deals only 5 damage when thrown at an enemy
- 30 seconds replenish cooldown for each Kiba
- Kiba barriers attach to surfaces just like Ela’s Grzmot mines or Thorn’s Razorblooms
- Kunai can attach to another deployed Kiba barrier to expand the covered area
- Azami’s barriers are not retrievable once deployed
- Kibas are bulletproof and not transparent (from both sides)
- Azami’s unique gadget can be destroyed with either explosive damage or 3 melee hits
- Melee hits create visible cracks in the barrier
- Barrier’s range is circular 2 meters radius
- Kiba has no duration limit. The barrier remains until destroyed or end of the round
- Placing a default barricade on top of Kiba will destroy the barrier (applicable on windows and indoors)
How to use utility?
Kira Barrier placement principles:
- What is the angle that I block/create?
- What is the role of this barrier?
- Can enemies get in melee range safely and easily?
- Am I not hindering any of my teammates?
- Does this placement fit our team’s strategy?
Potential Advantages of Kiba:
- Blocks lines of sightDoing so adds an additional protection layer by eliminating certain angles. Thus serving as a tool to create extra safety for you or other defenders.Rainbow Six Siege maps offer a lot of angles. One of the ways we judge the strength of a defensive position is the number of angles the defender is exposed to while holding that spot. This is where Kiba’s come extremely helpful. You can cut off certain angles to lower the number of angles you have to worry about. Enemies can, of course, destroy your barrier, but doing so will notify you about the impending danger.Or Say you saw/heard shots coming from a window nearby. You can block that window with your Kunai to make it more difficult for enemies to kill you.
- Surprising enemies with new anglesA more aggressive way of playing Azami is to create angles that will be unexpected by enemies or will provide you with a tactical advantage.Two main usages come to mind immediately:
- Creating a line of sight on enemies’ feet indoors
- Establishing tight angles between the barrier and another surface
- Delaying attackers’ pushAzami’s Kiba barriers can also serve as another layer to slow down enemies’ push.You can place barriers in entry points to the objective or chokepoints to force enemies to risk life or spend their utility.
Be creative with angles
- Education – this is where guides such as ours come in handy
- Emulation – choosing players/content creators who inspire you. Basically, “Who do you want to learn from?”
- Experimentation – once you have gone through two previous steps, you should put theory to practice. Try to think as your favorite player would. Use the ideas from guides in an in-game scenario.
- Jager’s ADS
- Wamai’s MAGnets
- ExplosivesAsh Breaching rounds, frag grenades, and other explosives will immediately destroy Kiba barriers
- Melee3 melee attacks destroy deployed barrier
- SledgeSledge’s hammer destroys barrier in one hit.
How to play -
- Azami’s utility is simple mechanically
- Requires game sense to understand tendencies and situations around player
- Gadget’s effectiveness scales proportionally with the map knowledge of the player
Loadout guide - Azami
A grenade exploding on impact. It is primarily used for opening holes in surfaces.
Razor wire that can be placed on flat surfaces, which slows down attackers movement speed and creates noise.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|9x19VSN||Compensator||Vertical Grip||Reflex B|
Why such loadout?
Community Videos -
Learn more about other operators in R6 Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides