- Powerful gun – R4C
- Versatile utility
- Ranged breaching potential
- One armor
- Lacks ACOG on R4C
- Limited breaching capacity
Table of Content
Born and raised in Jerusalem, Israel, Cohen enrolled at Tel Aviv University after secondary school in the Engineering program. It was during this time she did a semester abroad at Boston University. After college, she enlisted in the Israeli Defense Forces. Her engineering background made her a great candidate for mechanical maintenance and demolitions.
She was later transferred to FBI SWAT due to an international law enforcement exchange program.
Cohen brought her knowledge of demolitions with her in producing a weapon-mounted breach charge capable of blowing open a door or wall from a distance.
Detailed information on how to play Ash R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
Ash R6 Siege operator is equipped with ranged Soft breaching utility called Breaching rounds.
- opening a vaultable or passable hole in unreinforced walls
- destroying unreinforced hatches
- creating a line of sight in a partially destructible ceiling/floor
- destroying utility placed within the explosion radius
- damaging operators present within round’s range
How to use utility?
- She can create a line of sightEspecially useful in a ceiling or floor. It helps her to destroy defenders’ gadgets preventing attacking progress or defenders themselves.
Example: Chalet’s Snowmobile garage. Rainbow Six Siege Ash can help from above with either opening Mira window or getting rid of Bandit’s batteries, or Bandit himself.
- Entering a building to open a line of sight is dangerousSuch a scenario usually occurs due to potential presence or flank from roamers.
Example: Consulate’s Garage where Ash can rappel on the building and open LoS in the floor through the window to clear out Bandit batteries or kill anchor behind the white van
She is capable of opening an unreinforced wall from a distance to clear out unsuspecting defender
- Destroying Castle’s barricade is problematic
In some cases destroying Castle’s barricade can be risky without the possibility of a ranged breach. Additionally, Mute’s jammer +Castle barricade combo.
- She has LoS on defensive utility.
- Top priority: supporting Hard breachers & disabling Mira’s mirrors
Supporting mentioned activities is usually the main reason for bringing Thatcher, Twitch as support operators. Although, in some situations, soft breachers like Ash R6 operator can get the job done, relieving pressure from both Hard breachers and support players.
- Significant usage: creating new lines of sight on opponents/vertical control
Especially useful for neutralizing heavily fortified anchors from either above or below.
- Lower priority: clearing defensive utility
Breaching rounds can be handy for destroying defender’s traps, which are usually stacked at the entrance point to the objective.
- Mira and BanditAsh can create a line of sight with her breaching rounds through the ceiling and floor, which allows her to dispatch their unique gadgets.Additionally, she is capable of destroying Mirrors placed on unreinforced walls with breaching rounds.
- CastleAsh utility destroys Castle’s barricades, even when combined with Mute’s jammers.
- MaestroBreaching rounds destroy Maestro’s Evil eye on the explosion.
- Trap operatorsShe can clear traps placed within the explosion radius of breaching rounds.Defenders will often stack traps (i.e., Lesion, Frost, Kapkan) and common gadgets (barbed wire, shield) at objective room entrance.
ADS devices will intercept Ash gadget within their range and LoS.
Shock wires connected to Barbed wires destroy Ash utility, as well as a combination of a deployable shield with Bandit’s battery.
How to play -
Ash R6 Siege
Hunting roamers minimizes risks of late-round flanks impacting your final objective push negatively.
As a fragger, you are expected to be decisive and not afraid to challenge defenders!
Who should play Ash?
- simple mechanically utility
- able to be effective when played by a new player
- non-vital utility
Loadout guide -
Ash R6 Siege
The charge allows opening a hole in unreinforced walls, hatches, and barricades.
Anti-personnel explosive. Explodes when contact with the sensor is made, injuring or dealing lethal damage.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in Rainbow Six Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|5.7 USG||Muzzle brake||N/A||N/A|
Why such loadout?
Why would you choose G36-C over R4-C?
- Angled grip
In an ideal world, you should always be aware of the enemy’s presence before you enter a room or turn a corner and be in ADS when necessary. However, you will get caught by surprise at times by defenders when you are expecting it the least, not aiming down sight.
If you are a rushing player, you might consider angled grip as a vertical grip won’t benefit you much on short distance encounters.
If you feel much more comfortable with ACOG and want to play Ash, then G36-C is your only option.
As a result, I would recommend bringing breaching charges as it allows you to double down on breaching capability. Breaching charges are great for creating vertical pressure as you can detonate them on the floor when playing above.
Community Videos -
Ash R6 Siege
Other operators guides
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available R6 Siege Guides