- Intel gathering – identifies scanned defender location and operator
- Disruptor – disrupts enemy’s flanks and forces impacted defender to choose relocation, retreat or risking being exposed
Operator Guide - Jackal
Table of Content
Pushed from one family to the next, Ryad emerged from the foster care system when his older brother, Faisal Ramírez, turned 18 and became his legal guardian.
Blaming his shortcomings for the loss of his older brother, Ramírez decided to join the Policía Nacional. He passed the mandatory ESO and became a CNP at 19 years old. He is still investigating his brother’s case and to this day, but was unable to find any solid evidence against his brother’s murderer.
With strong resolve and broad resourcefulness in difficult terrains, Ramírez joined the Grupo Especial de Operaciones (GEO) to track down HVTs and intercept narcotics shipments.
Detailed information on how to play Jackal R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
- remaining pings
- time till next ping
Since Year4 Season4 number of pings depends on the age of footprints!
The split looks as follows:
- Red – 0-15 seconds – 5 pings
- Yellow 16-30 seconds – 4 pings
- Green 31-60 seconds – 3 pings
- Blue 61-90 seconds – 2 pings
Jackal is unable to scan the same footprints twice. Once the scan is completed, the footprints disappear.
How to use utility?
While scanning, you have to remain aimed at that footprint. Changing your view to another footprint (even of the same defender) will reset scanning timer.
When Eyenox is on, being shot or when affected by Mute jammers may distort your vision.
Try to find footprints of roamers.
Footsteps will come by harder – expiring after 90 seconds – and you want to push the site eventually anyway, so pinching anchors will be beneficial, as well.
It may seem like useless information, but can be very helpful in many cases.
Your teammate saw Vigil going upstairs and holds an angle waiting for him to rotate. Meanwhile, Vigil went in the opposite direction, and you scanned him. Telling “Vigil is scanned” will help your teammate, and ultimately your team, not to waste time waiting.
- Dokkaebbicombining footprints scan with a well-timed logic bomb can help with an exact identification of the defender’s location and disruption
- LionWell-timed EE-ONE-D is a death sentence for a defender who is scanned. Not only attackers know the precise position of a scanned defender, but he also has to stay still for the duration of EE-ONE-D to avoid additional pings. Pick your poison.
- VigilHis utility limits information collected by drones, making it harder for attackers to pinpoint the exact location of Vigil for the duration of his ERC-7. Rainbow Six Siege Jackal negates advantage on Vigil’s side by repeatedly pinging his location.
- CaveiraJackal as much counters Caveira as she counters him. Jackal forces Caveira to time Silent steps well to avoid being pinged. Even when not pinged, Caveira’s attention can be disturbed by focusing on timing silent steps rather than fighting enemies or watching surroundings.
How to play -
Jackal R6 Siege
As a fragger, you are expected to be decisive and not afraid to challenge defenders!
Furthermore, entry fraggers play a vital role in advancing attackers’ progress during the round in Siege. Progress is achieved by securing strategically essential locations, i.e., taking control of the room above the objective site, if the ceiling is covered with the destructible surface. Or being the first attacker to control areas frequently traversed by defenders to rotate to/from the objective.
Last but not least, entry fragger is more often than not the first attacker to push anchors hunkered down on the objective. I recommend that during the preparation phase in Rainbow Six Siege, you decide on your entry point depending on personal preferences defensive setup your team’s plan of attack. Leaving your drone at your entry point will provide you with the right amount of initial intel. It is not uncommon for defenders to try to catch attackers off guard by setting up traps on entry points. You can neutralize the element of surprise for such a plan and prefire defenders (or avoid them) by knowing what they intend to do and where they are.
- simple mechanically
- requires only basic map knowledge to scan
- advanced map knowledge can help with wall-banging a defender and ambushing them, but is not necessary for Jackal himself
- non-vital utility
Loadout guide -
Jackal R6 Siege
Grenades releasing cloud of smoke, which is almost impossible to see through.
Gives advantage to players by preventing line of sight.
Anti-personnel explosive. Explodes when contact with sensor is made, injuring or dealing lethal damage.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in Rainbow Six Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|C7E||Compensator||Vertical grip||2.0x scope|
Why such loadout?
- 1.5x sight – Reflex is my preference
- an Angled grip – for faster ADS time which can be extremely beneficial when pushing the defender
- compensator – spraying with 50 bullets mag can come handy, compensator helps to remain accurate while doing so
My standard setup, however, is C7E, which is a beast.
- obscure defenders sight
- plant defuser
- or help Glaz by providing him an additional pair of smokes to leverage his unique utility
If you want to secure your flanks as an entry then pick Claymore (Jackal used to have Breaching charges prior to Year4 Season4).
Community Videos -
Jackal R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides