- Flexibility of utility
- Versatility in loadout
- Access to Nitro Cell
- Universal in role
- Doesn’t destroy the jammed utility
- Doesn’t excel in either playstyle
Mute is not the flashiest operator available in the Rainbow Six Siege, but when used correctly he can play a significant role in winning rounds on the defensive end.
He serves two main roles:
Disables drones caught within the effective radius of his Signal Disruptor
- Breach denial
Prevents breaching in reinforced walls by disabling the possibility to activate Hard breach devices
Table of Content
Chandar graduated from secondary school at the age of twelve.
A science prodigy, he was accepted into the University of Cambridge, Department of Engineering at fourteen after completing an internship at a British tech company during his gap year, working on prototypes for a new security system.
Detailed information on how to play Mute R6 Siege
What is the utility?
Mute is equipped with 4 Signal Disruptors that interfere with attackers’ electronic devices within an effective range of 2.25 meters.
Jammers can be placed on flat horizontal surfaces like floors, boxes, or tables.
Placed disruptors remain active until destroyed or picked up by Mute – no limits on duration.
Signal disruptors allow Mute to fill two roles from the utility perspective: Breach Denial & Anti-Intel.
Prevents Hard Breacher’s utility from creating an opening in walls or hatches.
Therefore, the disruptors range allows 1 Jammer to impact:
- Two regular size reinforced walls
- Three smaller size walls
- One hatch – only in specific locations
Mute is the best defensive operator in the game when it comes to filling the role of Anti-Intel.
Anti-Intel means preventing attackers from gathering information.
Intel is mainly obtained by drones, which become unusable when within Jammer’s range.
- Breach denial for walls(s) – pick Bandit
- Breach denial for hatch(es) – pick Kaid
- drone denial – select Mute
BREACH DENIAL CAPABILITY
REMOTE GADGETS PREVENTION
How to use utility?
Place jammer in hard-to-reach place for attacking team.
Consider the vertical impact of Jammers radius!
Main lobby to Spiral stairs
- Defensive team composition
- Objective site
- if a defense has Bandit/Kaid and Mute, then focus on Anti-Intel, and Bandit/Kaid focuses on Breach denial
- If the defense has only Mute, then prioritize blocking significant reinforced walls or hatches from being breached. Only spare jammers should be used for Anti-Intel purposes
- Mira:Jammers are the best counter to Shock drones due to the range of disruption. Shock drones are the most direct counter to Mira
- Castle:Benefits from jammers placed nearby his armored barricades. Disruptor prevents an electric utility from being detonated on the panel (not affecting ranged breaching devices like Ash’s Breaching rounds).
- Bandit:In R6 Siege Mute can prevent Shock drones from taking out Bandit’s utility, which helps Bandit with “Bandit tricking.”Such synergy usually occurs when a reinforced wall is next to the drone hole.
- Mozzie:Jamming drones makes Mozzie’s job easier to catch ’em all.
- Deployable shields:Mute’s disruptors benefit from well-placed deployable shields. A shield can block a line of sight on the jammer.
- Breaching chargeOperators can place a charge, but unable to detonate it.
- Fuze Cluster chargeFuze can place cluster charge but is unable to detonate unless Jammer is removed or destroyed.
- Twitch Shock droneDisabled when in range of Jammer.
- DronesDisabled when in range of Jammer.
- Lion EE-ONE-DThe defender within Jammer’s range can move during EE-ONE-D duration without revealing his position.
- Dokkaebi Logic BombDefender situated in Jammer’s range at Logic Bomb detonation time will not have the phone ringing
- Iana Gemini Replicator
Similarly to drones, the hologram gets disabled when in range of Mute’s Signal Disruptor
- Unable to use flash if within range of the jammer
- Eyenox vision is disturbed similarly to drones
- ThatcherBest counter. Can use EMP without a line of sight, as long as Jammer is within EMP’s range
- TwitchShock Drone can destroy disruptor as long as it has a line of sight on Jammer without being in its range
- IQDetects jammers with the electronic detector and can shoot them through penetrable surfaces
- Lifeline is not affected by disruptor and shatters jammers on impact
- Frag Grenades
How to play -
Mute R6 Siege
Mute is a 2speed & 2armor operator, with a passive gadget and flexible loadout options.
As a result, the Mute is a universal operator who can be played as either anchor or roamer.
Roaming is leaving the objective site to disturb and flank attackers.
Anchoring, on the other hand, means staying on the objective or in a location with eyesight to the objective.
To learn more about each defensive role, please visit the below sections.
- entrance(s) to the objective
- top of the staircase (objective on an upper floor)
- use two reinforcements on either walls or hatches
- place four jammers
- help re-modeling the site (with a shotgun)
- position bulletproof camera (if equipped)
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!
Loadout guide -
Mute R6 Siege
Throwable explosive, detonated remotely by user.
Can be pre-placed or used similarily to grenades.
Best counter to Shield operators and preventing defuser plant.
Camera deployable on walls to surveil areas.
Can see through smoke and survives direct shots to its front panel.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|SMG-11||Flash hider||Vertical grip||Reflex|
Why such loadout?
RECOMMENDED SETUP EXPLANATION
Similarly to SMG-11, we recommend using Vertical Grip for lowering recoil and 1x sight of your choice.
It is also the best counter to shield operators and serves as plant denial.
Community Videos -
Mute R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides