- Good weapon – P10 RONI
- Flexible playstyle – both anchor and roaming possible
- Cool reload animation
- Not beginner-friendly
- Requires communication for proper utilization
- Lesser intel-gathering capability than alternatives
Operator Guide - Mozzie
Table of Content
Right after Year 10, Max Goose applied to enter the Australian Defence Force Academy, later working in Combat & Security. He joined an infantry regiment that incorporated dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles in their reconnaissance operations. Goose excelled in land navigation and became the two-wheeler expert in raids, scouting, and convoy operations.
Following Operation Catalyst, he was handpicked to join the Special Air Service Regiment (SASR), so long as he passed selection and refrained from talking back. His specialized off-road skillsets and quick thinking were highly prized, even though his driving style appeared reckless. He deployed to Operation Slipper and served until the operation’s conclusion. He later received the National Emergency Medal for saving firefighters during the Esperance bushfires.
Goose is a calculated daredevil who loves testing upcoming military stealth bikes, but he says there’s no bigger honor than being asked to join Rainbow Six.
Detailed information on how to play Mozzie R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
- Active – by shooting launcher directly at the drone. The shot has to be accurate as Pests won’t hijack drones within a radius, unlike in the other mode which is…
- Passive – Mozzie R6 operator can shoot his Pests at any surface, after which Pests serve as traps for drones. While set in this mode, Mozzie’s bugs will kidnap any drone that comes within its effective radius.Once fired and attached to a surface, Pest will display its effective radius visually.
How to use utility?
We will split this section into two chapters:
How to catch drones
Where to set Pest ambushes?
- single doorways
- drone holes
How to pre-place Pest traps?
As a thought process, think about where attackers & their drones will be coming from.
How to use hijacked drones
How you utilize drones depends on your playstyle, team’s composition, and tactics for the round and objective itself, to name a few aspects.
Actively scanning for enemies, active surveillance modeIn such mode, Mozzie will spend a significant portion of round time on a drone(s). The main objective is to take advantage of the mobility of hijacked drones to identify attackers’ location and plan of action.
By actively surveying the map, Mozzie can aid friendly roamers, similarly to attackers droning for their entry fraggers.
Preplacing drones, passive surveillance modeThe other way of using drones is to pre-place them just like Valkyrie’s cameras. Utilizing kidnapped drones this way can free up Mozzie’s time and allow him to roam or anchor more actively.When placing your drones, you should consider finding a location where you can have either: – most prominent visibility by viewing a big area of the map – or keeping an eye on the frequently traversed route.In Rainbow Six Siege, Mozzie is a relatively new defender, so not all players yet have a habit of checking for drones when being spotted. However, over time, it will become more natural for attackers to look for Mozzied drones.Therefore, when placing drones, try to find a spot in which it will be hard to spot. Instead of placing it in the middle of the room, perhaps try to put it somewhere on the shelf or under furniture.
DRONE USAGE EXAMPLE
USING TWITCH DRONE
- distract attackers who are being pushed by your allies – zapping them during or right before a gunfight
- dispatch the enemy’s utility (list of counterable gadgets can be found in “Counters” sections).
- ThatcherEMP destroys pre-placed Pests and temporarily disables Mozzied drones
- IQElectronics scanner detects both Pests and hijacked drones
- TwitchShock drones zap destroys preplaced Pests and kidnapped drones
- Dokkaebi – partiallyHer hacking utility of dead defender’s phone grants accesses to all hijacked drones for attackers. However, drones cannot be controlled by attackers, but only spectated just like other surveillance utility
How to play -
Mozzie R6 Siege
- Requires advanced map knowledge
- Mainly useful for premade teams due to effective communication need within the team
- Good game sense of knowing when to play actively and when passively is highly recommended
Loadout guide -
Mozzie R6 Siege
The throwable explosive detonated remotely by the user. Can be pre-placed or used similarily to grenades — best counter to Shield operators and preventing defuser plant.
Razor wire that can be placed on flat surfaces, which slows down attackers movement speed and creates noise.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|P10 RONI||Flash Hider||Vertical grip||Holo|
|SDP 9mm||Muzzle brake||N/A||N/A|
Why such loadout?
We recommend equipping it with the muzzle brake for lowering the recoil of the gun.
Community Videos -
Mozzie R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available R6 Siege Guides