- Versatile loadout
- Powerful secondary weapon – SMG11
- Access to Frag grenades
- Proficient at vertical control
- Limited range of breaching hammer
- Low rate of fire for primary weapon
Sledge R6 operator is an extremely versatile attacker whose only weakness seems to be the inability to throw the hammer like Thor.
He can be used by new players who are not yet sure about their preferred playstyle.
However, Sledge is at his best when in the hands of a player with advanced map knowledge as being Soft breacher is his main role.
SLEDGE R6 SIEGE:
Table of Content
Seamus Cowden hails from the upper tip of the Scottish Highlands.
Due to his imposing physical stature and athleticism, he found early success as the Captain of the 1998 Scotland National under-20 Rugby Union Team.
A strong desire for public service inspired Cowden to enlist in the army at 18, after five years of active duty, he was recruited by the SAS.
Detailed information on how to play Sledge R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
To use Sledge’s hammer you need to be in melee range from wall, hatch or floor. One swing to the wall creates a hole big enough to vault or crouch walk through it.
Difference between two vertical soft-breachers (Sledge and Buck) and other potential Soft-Breachers like Ash and Zofia is the number of breaching capability each operator has. Ash & Zofia can breach up to 5 times (with breaching charges equipped), while Sledge can use his hammer 25 times!
However, Sledge’s weakness is breaching range limitations.
When breaching from below is required, Sledge R6 operator has minimal options. His only option is using a rifle (which is inefficient) or pre-cooked grenades (holding grenade in hand and timely releasing so that an explosion happens when grenade reaches the surface). Thus in such scenarios, Buck should be your go-to the guy instead.
How to use utility?
Use Sledge to gain vertical control.
- forcing defenders to relocate or challenge attackers
Defenders are being forced to either move out of their preferred position or to engage aggressors from usually unfavorable angles.
Remember though: holes work both ways!
increases number of angles
Creating new vertical holes in Rainbows Six Siege also results in an increasing number of angles that defenders have to hold or pay attention to. As a result, less confident defenders may start feeling insecure.
Create new traversal routes.
Learn common anchor spots.
- Pay attention to where defenders usually position themselves
- Think where would you place yourself on defense
- Watch kills cams when you die
- Sledge destroys Armored panels with just one swing of hammer instead of usual 12 melee punches. On top of that, Sledge can use frag grenades to dispatch panels from afar
- MaestroJust like Armored panels, Evil eyes can be destroyed by either hammer or explosives.
How to play -
Sledge R6 Siege
ENTRY POINT CHOICE
- personal preferences
- defensive setup
- your teams plan of attack
- Non-vital and mechanically simple utility
- Benefits greatly from player’s map knowledge
- Frag grenades need practice
Loadout guide -
Sledge R6 Siege
Timed explosive device which kills or severely damages people within explosion radius.
Temporarily blinds enemies facing grenade in radius during detonation.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in Rainbow Six Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|SMG-11||Flash hider||Vertical grip||Reflex|
Why such loadout?
- small clip sizeCombined with an extremely high Rate of Fire can result in running out of bullets if you spray and pray.
- recoil after initial three shotsSecondary smgs have been nerfed in Grim Sky recoil changes. Currently firing SMG-11 in full auto is extremely difficult, especially on the more extended range than close quarters.Try to fire SMG mainly in short bursts and aim for the head.
Community Videos -
Sledge R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in R6 Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides