- Versatile utility
- DMR on defense – TSG12
- Scope on Pistol
- Not new-player friendly
- DMR won’t fit everyone
- Breach denial
- Intel denial
Table of Content
Jalal El Fassi was raised on stories of the Fortress, the legendary training facility in the Atlas Mountains. Its incomparable reputation, along with its famed “Kaids” (Commander) were seared into El Fassi.
He joined the GIGR (Royal Moroccan Gendarmerie) at 18, demonstrating natural leadership skills under fire. His ability to effectively command specialized squadrons in joint Trans-Saharan Counterterrorism Initiative (TSCTP) operations led to his promotion as Captain. After years of service, the Fortress’ reigning Commander chose his successor: El Fassi, whose authoritative but ethical style made him a worthy “Kaid”.
His imposing presence and strict values led to success with his graduates, and the Fortress quickly gained accolades. He further proved its excellence through the thousands of soldiers who trained or taught on its grounds.
Over years of negotiating, he welcomed troops from across Africa and the Middle-East, fostering stronger ties between TSCTP members and African Standby Force countries.
Detailed information on how to play Kaid R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
- 3 adjacent reinforced walls – up to 4 in a particular case(s), more on it in the following section
- 2 reinforced walls and utilities (Deployable shield & Barbed wire) placed within range
- One hatch
How to use utility?
- Deny breach of a hatchIn specific locations, Mute can place Signal Disruptors in a way that will prevent breaching a hatch. However, Kaid’s Electroclaw can electrify any reinforced hatch from below!
- Place breach denial above ground levelThis may seem like not a big deal, but freedom of placement for Claw makes it significantly harder for Maverick to destroy Breach denial utility.
For Bandit and Mute, Maverick can open the bottom of the wall to look for defensive utility.
Also with the newest range buff on ElectroClaw, Kaid can make it very hard for Thatcher and Kali to deal with his Claws.
- Your team compositionCheck operators available on your roster. If other Breach denial operators are selected, then discuss a plan of action with those teammates.
- Team tacticWhen deciding on surfaces to be electrified, ask your team about their plan. In some scenarios your teammates may intend to play above the objective, in which case reinforcing and electrifying the hatch is not going to be useful.
- Objective site structureIf the defended objective has walls leading to exteriors and you are the only Breach denial operator, then focus on electrifying primarily exterior surfaces.
- Hard to counter placementTry to place Claws in ways that they get the job done with the least exposure to angles from which attackers will be coming and with being hardest to counter by Hard breacher support attackers.When placing Claw on the hatch, don’t throw it to the middle of the hatch – it will be easy to be shot down if attackers can establish LoS on the hatch. Instead, place it in a cavity between the hatch and ceiling.When placing Rtila on the wall, do not put it on the ground level (unless attempting to electrify shield or barbed wire) as such placement will make Maverick’s or Twitch drones job much easier. Instead, place it in the middle of the wall height or on top.
- Breaching wall(s) is the focusOptimal team compositions:– Bandit– KaidPriorities for Breach denial(s):Below assumes your team wants to focus on preventing the particular wall from being opened, not maximizing the number of walls being electrified.First, in Rainbow Six Siege Kaid can place his ElectroClaw on the prioritized wall(s)Bandit should stay nearby the wall in case attackers brought Thatcher.In case Kaid’s Claw(s) are dispatched, Bandit can take over denial by “Bandit tricking.”Reasoning:Kaid’s Claw takes longer to deploy, which makes “Claw tricking” a significantly more difficult and less reliable task than “Bandit tricking.” Therefore, it is better to use Kaid’s utility first so that Bandit can have more batteries left for tricking. Additionally, Claws can be placed anywhere vertically on the wall, which may cause trouble for attackers to get rid of it in the first place. Especially in case, Thatcher is not available.Example of the objective site:Border – Armory/Lockers or Office.
- Both wall(s) and hatch(es) are importantOptimal team composition:– Bandit– KaidPriorities for Breach denial(s):Bandit should focus on electrifying external or other vital walls.Kaid’s priority should be electrifying hatches. In case only one hatch is important, Kaid can either keep 1 Claw in case an EMP is used on the hatch or help Bandit with electrifying walls.Reasoning:In Rainbow Six Siege Kaid is the only operator able to deny breaching reinforced hatch, hence his focus on hatch(es).Keeping Claw is not a bad idea assuming Kaid plans to stay on-site with the ability to use it later in the round. Otherwise, Claw should be used elsewhere immediately to avoid waste of utility.Bandit’s main task is always walls; having Kaid is not changing his role in this scenario.Examples:Bank – Open Area & KitchenClubhouse – Armory and Church
- Breaching hatch(es) is the keyOptimal team composition:– KaidPriorities for Breach denial(s):Kaid should electrify hatch(es).Reasoning:I suggest selecting only Kaid. He is the sole operator that can deny breaching in such a scenario, so there is no benefit to bringing other Breach denial ops.Unless, of course, Mute can jam hatch by placing his Signal disruptor on an elevated surface, right under the hatch (Bank – Kitchen or Oregon – Laundry). That’s however not possible on every objective site with important hatches above the site.Examples:Chalet – Kitchen and Trophy RoomBank – Lockers/CC TV
- Mute can help Kaid with preventing his Claws from being shot by Shock drones.
- Bandit and Kaid are great combos as discussed above for the most efficient breach denial capacity of a defensive team.
- MiraElectrifying reinforced walls on which Black Mirrors are placed will protect them from Hard Breachers utility.
- FrostUnlike other trap utilities, the Beartrap is not destroyed upon contact with electrified objects. Therefore, electrifying barbed wire at Frost trap location can result in killing attackers who get trapped in them.
- Exothermic charges placed on electrified surfaces get destroyed permanently
- X-Kairos placed on electrified surfaces are destroyed, as well. Additionally, Hibana cannot remove already placed pellets
- This is only a partial counter. Maverick can still create holes in Electrified surfaces. However, he will have a hard time using his utility to create holes to destroy Breach Denial gadgets as Claws have versatility in placement.
In some scenarios, Kaid may prevent Kali from dealing with his ElectroClaws.
Example: Kali shot Lance close to the bottom of the wall, while Kaid’s Rtilla was deployed above the wall
- Shock drone (Twitch) and default dronesDrones get destroyed upon contact with electrified surfaces or utility.
- ThatcherBest counter. Can use EMP without a line of sight, as long as Jammer is within EMP’s range
When Kali places her Lance correctly, Kaid won’t be able to avoid her utility
- TwitchShock Drone can destroy disruptor as long as it has a line of sight on Jammer without being in its range
- IQDetects Rtila with the electronic detector and can shoot them through penetrable surfaces
- ExplosivesAttackers like Ash & Zofia can use their utility to destroy Claws by launching them at approximate areas where Claw is placed if they have access to the side from which utility is put.Similarly, but to a lesser extent, Frag grenades can be used to disable Claws. A significantly harder task though as timing grenade to destroy Claws placed high above the floor requires an advanced skill.
How to play -
Kaid R6 Siege
- Requires good game sense to “Kaid trick wall/hatch.”
- Map knowledge is required for the proper utilization of the gadget
- Team coordination may be needed for full effectiveness
- Using shotgun (disguised DMR) requires good aim
Loadout guide -
Kaid R6 Siege
Razor wire that can be placed on flat surfaces, which slows down attackers movement speed and creates noise.
Throwable explosive, detonated remotely by user. Can be pre-placed or used similarily to grenades. Best counter to Shield operators and preventing defuser plant.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in Rainbow Six Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|AUG A3||Compensator||Vertical grip||1.5x scope|
Why such loadout?
- 2.0x scope
- damage model of non-shotgun weapons
- damage drop-off distance longer than Glaz’s gun
A suppressor is not beneficial in the case of this gun as stealth is not your biggest asset as Kaid R6 operator, while damage reduction can make a significant difference.
- .44 mag pistol
Both weapons are not ideal secondary weapons. They do offer high damage per bullet but have significant recoil that may be hard to manage.
We recommend using LFP586 (revolver) since magnification on .44 Mag can be a disadvantage in pistol-like situations.
Community Videos -
Kaid R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available R6 Siege Guides