- Good gun – M4
- Versatile utility
- Cannot be countered by Breach denial
- Limited breaching potential
- Not new player friendly
Operator Guide - Maverick
Table of Content
Bostonian Erik Thorn came from a multilingual home and ranked in the top 2% in intelligence. After High School, he enlisted with the U.S. Army and rose in rank over a short period of time. He learned Dari, and became an Intelligence Officer, serving in Kabul as foreign reporters, adventurers, and criminals flocked to the city. Thorn was well known in the underground club circuit and even among locals as a proficient Buzkashi player.
Thorn was invited into the Unit as their regional specialist. Following selection, he remained in country gathering intel, building networks of allies and safe houses, and tracking hostiles. As the situation in Kabul worsened, Thorn kept tabs on Americans, rescuing them when necessary, and helping locals escape the violence. He was investigating a missing reporter when the Unit lost contact with him.
After two years of silence, he re-emerged with enough intel to dismantle a major insurgency operation. There were still questions regarding his disappearance, but he was exonerated and his testimony sealed. His successful missions, along with his expertise, gained him the attention of Six.
Detailed information on how to play Maverick R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
- create openings in reinforced walls and hatches
- destroy easily various defensive utilities
- open unreinforced hatches in a speedy and silent manner
- create holes in unreinforced walls & penetrable floors
- countering breach denialOperators specialized in preventing breaching through reinforced surfaces (Bandit, Mute & Kaid) are unable to counter Maverick.
- Low noise made while torchingThough still audible, using the torch to open holes in walls and hatches is significantly quieter than in case of other hard breachers.
- melee range for breachingExposes Maverick to potentially being shot while in the process, especially in case of walls with easy runouts or Mira’s Mirror on it.
- the time needed for creating sizable openingsTakes a longer time than for other Hard breachers to create a traversable opening.
- limited breaching capabilityRainbow Six Siege Maverick has five fuel canisters. Breaching capacity depends heavily on your ability to use Torch efficiently. When appropriately used “SIRI” is a sufficient tool for opening four vaultable holes in walls or 2 hatches (challenging to achieve).
- Weapon-Torch swap timeUbisoft has increased swap time between weapon and torch in Year 4 patch, which makes it more challenging to utilize the element of surprise for newly opened angles.
How to use utility?
You should focus on fulfilling such duty if:
- your team lacks Thatcher or Twitch
- the defense is actively Bandit tricking
- electrified hatchEspecially if you didn’t bring Thatcher and your team has no easy possibility to dispatch Kaid’s Rtilla.Example: Kitchen hatch in Clubhouse
possibility to rappel on external wall
As Kantoraketti has shown during Six Invitationals 2019 in the below clip, Maverick can nullify the effect of reinforcements on walls by torching completely top and bottom of a reinforced wall.
- Use distractions to your advantage
The torch is significantly less audible than other Hard breaching utility, but defenders can still hear it!
The element of surprise is one of the most significant advantages you can have as Maverick. Think of ways to increase its potential.
Ask your teammate to make some noise, such as firing a gun or creating an explosion.
- Don’t stand in front of the hole you’re creating
This is a recipe for being shot in the face in case defenders heard your torch.
Instead, torch the surface from an angle that does not expose you to the defender on the other side!
Create multiple little holes overlooking the opponent’s location
Defenders’ primary objective with reinforcing the site is to prevent certain angles from being available to attackers. By doing so, defenders limit the number of angles they have to watch actively or can be shot from.
Creating multiple new angles that defender has to pay attention to increases drastically your chances of winning a gunfight.
Rainbow Six Siege Maverick can get an angle from below of the Mirror on the canister.
This is a risky technique and somewhat situational. If the player behind Mirror has a soft wall next to it or doorway, they can use it to shoot careless Maverick quickly.
- Claymore trap
Open hole at the bottom of the wall and place Claymore right in front of it.
Defenders may not expect such unusual claymore, especially in the heat of the battle.
Communicate with your team
Maverick can destroy hatch without taking out Kaid’s utility.
- Evil Eyes
- Bulletproof cameras
- Deployable shields
- Barbed wires
How to play -
Maverick R6 Siege
ENTRY POINT CHOICE
- Good gun (M4)
- Frag grenades
- The utility can be vital to the team’s success
- more advanced than the usual mechanical difficulty of using utility
- requires advanced map knowledge
- benefits immensely from player’s creativity
Loadout guide -
Maverick R6 Siege
Anti-personnel explosive. Explodes when contact with sensor is made, injuring or dealing lethal damage.
A timed explosive device which kills or severely damages people within the explosion radius.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|M4||Flash hider||Vertical grip||1.5x scope|
|1911 TACOPS||Muzzle brake||N/A||N/A|
Why such loadout?
Community Videos -
Maverick R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides