- Good AR
- Ranged Hard breaching
- Stun grenades + 3 speed
- Low ammo (21) & high recoil AR
- Small wall holes than Thermites
- Not beginner-friendly
Table of Content
A Nagoya native, Imagawa traveled the world to perfect her skills and technique. She is specialized in paramilitary techniques gained by training with the SAS, FBI SWAT, and GIGN, to name a few. From her diverse training, she acquired a rare tactical versatility, which includes a proficiency in tubular (bus, train, and airplane) assaults.
The daughter of a local butcher, Imagawa was inspired by her family to practice Kyūdō from a young age. This long range weapon marked her entry in martial arts by perfecting her assessment of multiple factors a once while carrying precise, controlled, and fluid motions.
Her area of expertise is to gain entry in high-risk areas. During her studies at the National Police Academy, she gained the nickname Hibana due to her improvised explosive devices and brilliant leadership skills on the field. Fluent in seven languages and lethal with any weapon, Imagawa was recruited by the Aichi Prefectural Police Department Special Unit, where her diverse techniques and charisma allowed her to move up the ranks quickly
Detailed information on how to play Hibana R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
In Rainbow Six Siege Hibana is a Hard breacher – one of only three available operators in the game who can fill in this role.
- Three hatches
- Walk-able opening in a wall for fully extended Montagne – by using three charges for that one hole
- vault-able opening in the wall – by using two charges
- crawl-able hole – by using one charge on the bottom of a wall
How to use utility?
1 Hard breacher (Hibana)Focus on the vital wall(s) or hatch(es)
2 Hard breachers – Thermite + HibanaBy default, Thermite should focus on opening walls, while Hibana on hatches.However, in the case of defenders have Mira: Hibana R6 operator should focus on opening Mirrors, while Thermite can focus on less risky reinforcements.
2 Hard breachers – Maverick + HibanaBy default, consider your situation as if you were the sole hard breacher. Maverick’s breaching capacity is limited from the perspective of the size of openings he can create.
3 Hard breachersSuch a scenario gives enormous flexibility and can often be overkill from a breaching perspective.I would recommend approaching this option as two hard breachers, with Maverick being Breach support.
- opening hatch(es) to create a significant advantage for your teamExample:Chalet – Kitchen and Trophy Room
- while on others you should open multiple walls to limit defenders optionsThis applies to all objectives based on the top floor as hatches cannot be reinforced (besides crazy runouts)
- in other cases, you will need to split your efforts into both hatches and walls for optimal usage of utilityExample:Chalet – Wine Cellar and Snowmobile RoomBorder – Custom Inspection and Supply Room
- spawn point
- preparation phase drone placement
- building approach route
priorities for the first minute or two during the action phase
Additionally, consider what defenders are doing when deciding on where you are going to use X-Kairos.
Defenders brought Kaid, who electrified hatches and your team has no counter available. Switch your plan to other reinforcements and adjust accordingly.
Watch out for Bandit/Kaid tricking!
Pay attention to X-Kairos charges placement!
Take advantage of range breaching capability!
avoid risk while breachingIn a few cases, Rainbow Six Siege Hibana can open reinforcement without even being inside the building, which may lower the risk of being killed while fulfilling her role.An example here is Kitchen hatch in Clubhouse – you can rappel outside of a window and open hatch from there, avoiding being killed by C4 from below.
create long anglesRanged breaching allows you to create long angles with minimal exposure to defenders.Example: opening east wall of Archives (leading to Offices) from Eastern external balcony – gives angle from East of the map to the back of Armory Lockers
Main Hard breachers support operators:
Hard-breacher best friend. Dispatches electronics including Bandit’s shock wires, Mute’s Jammers, and Kaid’s Electroclaws.
TwitchDestroys electronics by zapping with her drones, but is usually a less reliable option due to drone requiring a line of sight on utility.
Situational support options:
SOFT-breachersAble to open an angle if the ceiling or floor is partially destructible.Such opening allows the direct angle to destroy batteries or jammers, prevent „Bandit tricking” or even get a kill on Bandit/Mute.
IQCapable of scanning and shooting defenders’ gadgets through penetrable floor, ceiling, or wall.
Frag grenadesOperators with Frag grenades can throw a grenade through drone holes if holes are next to a reinforced wall.
Can use his firebolts to prevent „Bandit tricking” for walls placed next to the drone hole.
- Mira‘s WindowsFrom available Hard breachers, Hibana is the best at opening Windows thanks to the range of X-Kairos.
- Jäger‘s ADSADS intercepts X-Kairos, and each pellet is counted as a projectile. Therefore, Hibana can “burn ADS” very efficiently in rare situations where her utility is not needed for opening walls or hatches.
- Bandit’s Shock wireBattery connected to reinforced wall destroys Hibana’s charge.
- Mute’s jammersBlocks charges without destroying them. Charges can be detonated once Jammer has been destroyed.
- Kaid‘s ElectroclawNewest breach denial addition to Rainbow Six Siege roster. Kaid adds a possibility to electrify two hatches, destroying affected charges
How to play -
Hibana R6 Siege
Therefore, you can play more aggressively and go fragging once:
- entry to the building has been made
- your team has established sufficient map control
- you have used your utility
Please note that Hibana is very good at fragging as:
- she is a three-speed operator
- has good AR capable of dispatching defenders quickly
- has access to Stun grenades
- Utility vital to the team’s success
- Mechanically more difficult than Thermite
- Requires advanced map knowledge
- High recoil on Type-89 (AR) and low ammo count in magazine
Loadout guide -
Hibana R6 Siege
Charge allows opening a hole in unreinforced walls, hatches and barricades.
Also usable on penetrable floors to create a new angle.
Temporarily blinds enemies facing grenade in radius during detonation.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|Type-89||Flash hider||Vertical grip||1.5x scope|
Why such loadout?
Community Videos -
Hibana R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides