- Good at delaying attackers
- Flexibility in playstyle
- Strong weapon – P10 RONI
- Provides “fake” sense of security
- Does not excel at either playstyle
Table of Content
Apha Tawanroong was born in Ta Phyraya, growing up along the Thai-Khmer border. During her childhood, her little sister had accidently detonated an unexploded land mine while playing with it, which resulted in her death. Devastated by her loss, Tawanroong dedicated her life to helping others affected by unexploded ordnances.
As a private detective, her discovery of a bomb plot in Bangkok brought Tawanroong to the attention of the Royal Thai Police (RTP). Her knack for connecting the dots between seemingly-unrelated incidents earned her grudging respect from Thailand’s male-dominated law enforcement agencies, as well as hostility from numerous criminal syndicates. The RTP offered Tawanroong a Detective position with the Crime Suppression Division, where she dismantled a human trafficking ring and foiled no fewer than four bomb plots. Her ability to track and connect diverse shipments of explosive materials was lauded by her superiors, though she did have a tendency to bend the rules in favor of expedience which resulted in a number of minor infractions.
Unfortunately, her police career ended when she was nearly killed during an operation in Bangkok with Jordan “Thermite” Trace. The pair had been tracking down a weapons racket when a bomb had been discovered. Transporting the bomb in a pick-up truck through the streets of Bangkok, Trace attempted to defuse it. He ultimately failed when the truck suffered a head-on collision. As a result of the accident and explosion, Tawanroong lost her left arm and leg while Trace only suffered third-degree burns to his hands and arms. Despite this, she would fully recover from her injuries, and later returned to work as a private detective.
In late 2020, Tawanroong was approached by Jaimini “Kali” Shah who offered her a position to join NIGHTHAVEN. She accepted Kali’s offer due to the prospect of gaining access to cutting-edge prosthetics as well as donating her pay to charities. Through NIGHTHAVEN’s current agreement with Rainbow, she subsequently became a Rainbow operative. While training at the Stadium, she met up with Trace. She told him that the incident in Bangkok was not his fault and that she never blamed him for her injuries.
Detailed information on how to play Aruni
What is Aruni utility?
What is the role of Surya?
- spend their limited resources on dealing with laser gates
- get damaged while passing the gate
- choose another route
- 3 gates available to Aruni
- Can be deployed on destructible walls, doorways, windows & hatches
- Aruni (and only her) can pick up deployed Surya to use it elsewhere
- Gates have no duration, nor can they be destroyed
- Can be temporarily disabled for 30 seconds, after which the gate has to be reactivated by defenders (not only Aruni)
- Destroy attacking gadgets that touch the gate, such as drones or projectiles
- Deal 30 damage to attackers who pass through the gate, regardless of the armor rating of the operator
- When deployed on the doorways, the gate has a gap on the bottom which allows drones to pass through it
- No gap is available when Surya is deployed on other surfaces
- Deactivates when a friendly player is within close proximity, allowing teammates to pass by unscathed
- Friendly gadgets (impacts, c4, etc) are treated similarly to attacking gadgets – destroyed plus deactivating the gate
Enhanced melee attack:
How to use utility?
- Which entry points or areas are we vulnerable to?
- Where are enemies likely to come from?
- Clubhouse map, CCTV window
- Coastline map, kitchen window
- Chalet map, snowmobile external walls
- Clubhouse map, CCTV external walls
SURYA GATE IS NOT A BARRICADE
- Heads-up tool for predicting the timing of a pushSince the gate can be reactivated after 30 seconds, attackers tend to wait with deactivation until they are ready to push. Thus deactivation of a gate should sound an alarm for an incoming attack on the objective
- Delay & utility burning toolJust like the Castle’s armored panels, Surya delay enemies’ push by forcing them to deal with it first or being damaged. Enemies have a limited amount of devices that can be used for deactivating gates. It may seem like a little benefit, but reducing the number of drones or grenades available to enemies can play a big role, especially towards the end of the round
SURYA GET BETTER CLOSER TO ROUND END
- Maestro’s Evil EyeMaestro can re-activate the Surya gate by using Evil Eye’s zap for that purpose
- Adds a protection layer to Surya, can be an overkill
- Stun grenades
- Smoke grenades
- Frag grenades
How to play -
- Mechanically very simple utility to use
- Requires basic map knowledge
- Passive utility
- Flexible in playstyle
Loadout guide - Aruni
Razor wire that can be placed on flat surfaces, which slows down attackers movement speed and creates noise.
Camera deployable on walls to surveil areas.
Can see through smoke and survives direct shots to its front panel.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|P10 RONI||Flash hider||Angled Grip||HOLO|
Why such loadout?
DMRs tend to be considered inferior guns since their rate of fire is by design low. This is a big disadvantage especially due to Rainbow Six Siege being a game where 1 shot to the head results in death.
Angled grip reduces the time needed to aim down sight, which is helpful when turning a corner and running into an enemy, or peeked unexpectedly.
PRB92 is the only secondary gun we can equip.
As is the case with most pistols, we recommend using it with a muzzle brake to ease the control of the recoil in a gunfight.
Both universal gadgets can serve Aruni, and her team, very well.
The main recommendation here is to check your team’s composition and decide on your universal gadget based on team needs, as well as your preferred playstyle.
Barbed wires are always a good option since you cannot really have too much of them.
If you place a wire in the choke point or entry point, you are adding an additional layer to your defense.
As a general rule of thumb, we recommend picking barbed wire if you have no plan where to place your camera.
Community Videos -
Learn more about other operators in R6 Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides