Roles on Defense
Learn more about defensive operators’ roles in Rainbow Six Siege!
Some operators are assigned to couple roles as their playstyle is fluid.
- an overview of what can be expected when playing on the offensive side and facing a defensive team with certain operators
- an understanding of defending operators’ strengths
- the notion of which operator to play in case a specific playstyle is your preference.
- desired playstyle
- details on the utility and how to use it
- counters and synergies
- preferred loadout selection
Defensive Roles in R6
- limit number of entry points to the objective
- disable lines of sight that defenders can be shot from
- allow defenders to keep their preferred position
The only Hard breacher who is not countered by Breach Denial is Maverick.
Selecting Breach Denial defender(s) should be your team’s main priority for sites where opening an objective wall gives attackers a significant advantage. This is the case with most of the sites in R6 Siege, but mainly with objectives where attackers can access it directly from outside of the building.
- His Shock batteries electrify reinforced walls. Utility placed on such a wall (like Exothermic charges) is permanently destroyed.
Bandit can “Bandit trick” wall, which makes him superior from the breach denial perspective on walls.
His jammers block breaching utility within an effective radius from detonation. Breaching utility is not destroyed but jammed for as long as jammer remains active.
- Kaid’s Electroclaw is throwable, making him the only breach denial defender with a possibility to prevent the opening of hatches. Besides specific locations where Mute jammer is capable of impacting hatch breaching. Similarly to Bandit, Kaid’s gadget electrifies objects. The main difference being activation time needed for Electroclaw to be effective – prevents “Bandit tricking” with Kaid.
However, defenders in this group can make droning more challenging by either disabling, capturing, or even capturing drones (only Mozzie).