- high capacity magazine on LMG
- powerful when utilized properly
- great at pushing the objective
- mediocre weapons
- inconsistent unique utility
Circumstantial & inconsistent, yet extremely powerful in the right situation and hands of a skilled player, Ying R6 Siege operator is a complex attacker specialized in blinding defenders.
Table of Content
Born in the comfortable Central district of Hong Kong, Siu Mei Lin was a close protection operative before joining the Special Duties Unit (SDU). With her acute reflexes and cunning CQB methods, she took the lead on several VIP and witness protection operations.
Having deployed an explosive short-range power and combat skills, she joined an elite security service school after graduation. Aiming to become an all-purpose operative, she traveled to a female exclusive training facility in Tel Aviv, Israel. She spent two years there, developing an expertise in firearms and driving maneuvers. Part of Operation High Sun.
After completing her program she returned to Hong Kong, where she ensured the protection of several high-risk profiles. In 2008, she reoriented her toward the police force after being involved in a kidnapping situation.
She was first recruited to review the processes used by the Police Tactical Force’s Security Wing. During this time, her interest to lead international rescue operations grew, which drove her to apply to the SDU.
As a Flying Tiger (SDU), she uses her experience in close protection to ensure minimum casualties while leading high-risk operations amidst Hong Kong’s dense urban population.
Detailed information on how to play the Ying R6 Siege
What is the utility?
Candela is a cluster flash charge which operates similarly to stun grenades. Ying R6 operator comes equipped with 4 Candelas.
Each Candela has six flash charges where the single charge can blind the defender within its effective range.
THE RANGE OF CANDELA EFFECT
DURATION OF CANDELA EFFECT
Operators can be blinded for 1.4 second from Candela.
CANDELAS USAGE MODES
Candelas have two modes of usage:
- Throwing – can be thrown just like grenades, but will roll when hitting the ground instead of bouncing as a grenade would. Candelas will fire in a star pattern in this usage mode.
- Planting – just like Fuze cluster charges so only on penetrable surfaces, barricades. Candelas will be fired in a straight line from right to left.
FRIENDLY BLIND IS ON!
TURNING AWAY FROM CANDELA
How to use utility?
- no lights – 5 seconds
- One light – 3 seconds
- Two lights – 1 second
- Three lights – immediate detonation
- fires charges in a star pattern
- Aim to throw Candela in the middle of the room due to the mentioned pattern.
- thanks to different Fuze timings, you can time multiple Candelas to achieve massive flash across numerous rooms
- fired in line from right to left, similarly to Fuze Cluster charges
- use that knowledge to place Candela at a proper angle to maximize coverage
WHERE TO USE CANDELA
- areas without tons of objects in them which could block flash charges
- narrow corridors or small rooms for maximum coverage
- objective sites
- clearing rooms from defenders
- plant denial
MOST COMMON MISTAKES
- rushing in before Candelas detonate
- rushing in the room while defenders are in an adjacent location
- flash charges obstructed by the environment leading to enemies not being flashed
- flashing teammates
- blinding location and not pushing defenders fast enough
- All defenders beside Warden
- plant denial
Jäger‘s ADSJust like a grenade or Fuze’s Cluster charges, Candelas are intercepted by ADS.However, Candelas interact with ADS differently depending on usage technique:When thrown Candelas are intercepted as a grenade before detonation, meaning that 1 Candela will burn 1 ADS charge.When used in “placement” mode and detonated, each Flash charge (6 in each Candela) will burn 1 ADS charge.This means that when detonated 1 Candela can burn all 3 ADS!
bullets and explosivesWhen thrown or rolling Candela can be shot with bullets or destroyed by impact grenades. Cannot be shot once detonated
fortifications/obstaclesAnchors fortified behind cover – make it deployable shields or elements of the environment – may not be affected by Candela’s flash charges.
How to play -
Ying R6 Siege
Hunting roamers minimizes risks of late-round flanks impacting negatively your final objective push.
ENTRY POINT SELECTION
- coordination in a team for maximum effectiveness
- advanced map knowledge
- extensive experience
- aggressive, yet calculated playstyle
Loadout guide -
Ying R6 Siege
Grenades releasing cloud of smoke, which is almost impossible to see through.
Gives advantage to players by preventing line of sight.
Hard Breach Charge
A charge that blows a medium-sized hole in reinforced surfaces.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|T-95 LSW||Compensator||Angled grip||1.5x scope|
Why such loadout?
- obscuring defenders sight
- planting defuser
- or helping Glaz by providing him an additional pair of smokes to leverage his unique utility
Furthermore, Ying has finally the possibility to burn ADS or Wamai Mag-nets on her own! This is a huge change as you can now independently deal with the defensive utility to use your unique Candelas.
Of course, you will struggle with 2 or 3 ADS placed nearby, but you can deal with 1 easily!
Community Videos -
Ying R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in R6 Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides