Rainbow Six Siege Operation High Calibre
All you need to know about Rainbow Six Siege Year 6 Season 4 content – the Operation High Calibre patch notes!
OPERATION HIGH CALIBRE
TABLE OF CONTENT
Rainbow Six Siege: OPERATION
Rainbow Six Siege closes its Year 6 content with Season 4 called Operation High Calibre.
The Y6S4 patch went live on the 30th of November 2021.
Unlike other recent seasons, Season 4 introduced a new operator – Thorn – and a rework of a map – Outback. On top of that, we have a balancing and gameplay changes.
OPERATION HIGH CALIBRE NEW OPERATOR
To finish Year 6 we have finally received the awaited Outback rework. Since its release, the map was one of the least appreciated ones among the Rainbow Six Siege community.
Below is the video comparison between rework and prior to it:
GAMEPLAY CHANGES: NEW FEATURES
The bulletproof camera receives two new tweaks to its functionality:
- players are able to rotate the camera
- the camera has EMP shot that disables attackers’ gadgets
To improve clarity of R6 UI, the developers have changed how your team and opponents’ are displayed:
- Team names were changed to “Your Team” & “Opponents”
- Team colors are now permanently Blue for your team and Red for opponents
Rainbow Six Siege defenders can now see a counter of the number of default drones destroyed by their team.
The new counter UI element also includes drones that are captured by defenders (Mozzie).
However, not all interactions with drones are included, i.e.:
- Unique drones (Flores or Twitch)
- Drone being disabled rather than destroyed
- Attacking team destroying their own drones