Table of Content
César Ruiz Hernández was eleven years old when a bomb destroyed his home, killing his father and sister and severely injuring his mother. With the help of Specialist Azucena Rocío “Amaru” Quispe, César’s mother Sofia taught him to observe his surroundings, and to avoid the other boys his age who had been drawn into gang-related affairs. She encouraged him to enroll at the Heroic Naval Military School, where he graduated as a teniente de corbeta. He joined the Naval Infantry, then the Amphibious Commando Battalion, participating extensively in anti-smuggling operations and several high-profile arrests. Becoming a member of the Fuerzas Especiales introduced him to the reality that drugs were no longer the primary source of income for the cartels. He began working with UNESCO and INTERPOL to combat antiquities trafficking, where he gained the attention of Rainbow as a mind with a keen tactical sense and exceptional forward-thinking.
Detailed information on how to play Goyo R6 Siege operator
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF VOLCAN SHIELDS?
- area denial
- plant denial
- utility dump
- deal with the shield before pushing
- change the route to avoid the shield
- push regardless
CHARACTERISTICS OF VOLCAN SHIELD:
- From the front Volcan shield looks just like the default deployable shield
- Though, if you look carefully through glass shield parts, you can see the frame of the canister sticking out
- Goyo’s shield is not more durable than default deployable shields
- Whatever destroys deployable shields works also on Volcans
- Canister explodes regardless of the method used to dispatch the shield
- Upon detonation canister releases fire, similar to Capitao’s firebolts
- The initial explosion deals 34 damage to nearby 2-speed operators and destroys gadgets within its radius – both friendly and attackers’ utility. Explosion damage radius is ~3 meters from the shield
- Fire burns for ~12 seconds and deals 12 hp with each tick. The radius of fire is ~4 meters
- Damage is dealt to attackers and defenders – remember: friendly fire is on!
How to use utility?
SHIELDS CAN BACKFIRE!
THINK ABOUT PLACEMENT IN ADVANCE!
USE CHOKE POINTS
WHICH SHIELD ANGLE IS GOOD FOR US AND BAD FOR THEM?
- Are defenders able to destroy canister easily?Optimally, you want defenders to be able to shoot canister from cover, without exposing to the enemy’s fire.
- How accessible is the Volcan shield’s canister to attackers?There’s not much sense placing Goyo’s R6 Siege Volcan shield with canister facing attackers – this is pretty obvious. Furthermore, go a bit further with this thought. Think about angles that the attacking squad is likely to establish to make it as hard as possible for them to detonate shield without using utility other than a bullet.
PROTECT DEFAULT PLANT SPOTS
- As mentioned earlier, both gadgets can enhance the ability of the Goyo to “burn” attackers’ utility.
To do so, projectile intercepting defensive utility should be placed nearby Goyo’s shield. Just be wary of placing Mag-nets catching and detonating intercepted projectiles – they can cause shields explosion if placed too close.
Maestro Evil Eye
The evil eye is capable of detonating the Volcan shield by shooting a laser at the canister. Placing Evil Eye behind the shield allows remote detonation, for the least exposure of defenders needed. Again, remember not to place it too close, else Evil Eye gets destroyed during detonation.
- Melusi Banshee
Both operators’ gadgets can be placed in close proximity to increase odds of potentially killing attackers with Volcan shield
Late round pushes
Goyo’s shields gain importance over time, similarly to Smoke’s gas canisters. Delaying 12 seconds with 1:30 left on the clock doesn’t make much of a difference to attackers. However, the same delay with 25 seconds on the clock is a significant drawback for the offensive squad!
Attacking rosters without explosive projectilesOne of Goyo’s utility roles is to force attackers into spending their limited utility. Thus, attacking a roster without many projectile gadgets can be heavily penalized when facing Goyo. Such projectiles include:
- Frag grenades
- Breaching rounds (Ash)
- Lifelines (Zofia)
- Frag grenades
- Breaching Rounds – Ash
- Impact grenade – Zofia
- Cluster charge – Fuze
- Maverick – torch
- Sledge – sledgehammer
How to play -
GOYO R6 Siege
- knowing where to place them to bring benefit – requires map knowledge and game sense
- understanding team’s defensive plan – needs teamwork, experience, and cooperation
Loadout guide -
Goyo R6 Siege
A deployable alarm that emits a sound when attackers are within its line of sight and range.
Throwable explosive, detonated remotely by user.
Can be pre-placed or used similarily to grenades.
Best counter to Shield operators and preventing defuser plant.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|TCSG12||NONE||Vertical Grip||2.0x scope|
Why such loadout?
Community Videos -
Goyo R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in R6 Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides