- good SMG weapon
- flexible trap placement
- provides intel and debuffs on the impacted attacker
- rewards good game sense and map knowledge
- not new-player friendly
- requires staying alive to be effective
- lacks ACOG as anchor
LESION R6 SIEGE:
Table of Content
Born in Junk Bay, Liu Tze Long still lives in a public housing estate not far from this area. He was raised by his father, who worked for a ship breaking company and often pulled double shifts. During these years, Liu would stay at the shipyard and help him dismantle obsolete ships for scrapping.
As the ship breaking business began to dwindle out, Liu and his father took some demolition jobs under the table. It all came to a stop when Liu’s father injured his back. Liu was 19 and could not support them both with his own income. Quickly crumbling under debts, he needed money fast.
During that time, China sought some volunteers to undertake mine clearance in the provices of Yunnan and Guangxi. Liu answered the call and worked for two years at defusing hazardous ammunitions.
With ample experience in demolition and mine disposal, he returned to Hong Kong to join the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Bureau. Soon after, he joined the Special Duties Unit (SDU) to deal with Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear terrorist threats.
Detailed information on how to play Lesion R6 Siege
What is the utility?
- he must have a direct line of sight on deployed mine
- can see traps within 8 meters
- slow down attackerAn impacted attacker has slower movement speed and cannot sprint until the Lesion’s trap is removed. As a particular interaction, Blitz is unable to use his sprint with shield ability.
- prevent from performing actionsUntil removed Gu mine will prevent an attacker from planting a defuser or placing utility such as breaching charges. Late round trap activation can singlehandedly clutch the round for defenders, due to lack of time for starting the defuser plant after removing Gu mine.
- damages impacted attackerInitial damage (10hp) has been removed in Y5S1. However, mines deal increased damage of 6hp now per tick (~2 seconds) until mine is removed.
How to use utility?
Mechanically traps are straightforward to be used. Pressing ability button will make Lesion throw Gu mine at crosshair location.
The ability button can be held to keep the trap in hand and aim. Mine will be thrown upon release of the button.
Most of the anchors are three armor operators, except for Smoke & Warden. Just like Smoke, Lesion is considered primarily as an anchor due to his utility. I highly recommend trying to set your traps around perimeter and anchor with traps placement consideration in mind.
The main questions I keep asking myself when placing traps in R6 Siege are:
- narrow corridors
- single doorways
START OF PREP PHASE
However, remaining alive is not as crucial for R6 Lesion as for plant denial focused operators, such as Smoke or Echo.
DEFUSER DROPPED SCENARIO
- C4 from below
In R6 Siege Lesion can work together with teammates equipped with C4 to create “pre-placed C4 from below” ambushes. Place Gu mine in a frequently used location with a destructible floor and ask your teammate to place C4 under. As soon as your mine is triggered, tell a teammate to detonate C4. Such usage requires good coordination and reflex on both C4 owner and Lesion player sides but can be useful when executed correctly.
- ShieldsSlows down shield operators and additionally counters specific operators:Forces Montagne out of extended mode until Gu mine is taken out.Disables the ability to sprint with the shield for Blitz
- late-round defuser plantsGu mine-affected attacker can not plant defuser until mine is removed
- entry fraggersLesion mines slow down attackers and give away their position.
- IQMines detectable with electronics’ scanner
- ThatcherPermanently destroyed by EMP
- TwitchShock drone “zap” destroys Gu mines
- explosivesA utility such as frag grenades, breaching rounds or lifeline can destroy Gu mines within explosion’s radius
How to play -
Lesion R6 Siege
- requires more advanced map knowledge in R6 Siege to know where attackers are coming from and where to place traps effectively
- The Lesion, just like Smoke, becomes more effective as the time of round goes, so it’s important for the player to stay alive
- requires proper communication and callouts for maximum effectiveness
Loadout guide -
Lesion R6 Siege
Camera deployable on floors and walls to surveil areas. Can see through smoke and survives direct shots to its front panel.
Grenade exploding on impact. Used primarily for opening holes in surfaces.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6 Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
Why such loadout?
Q929 is the only secondary pistol available to Lesion, and his flashy counterpart on the attacking side, as well.
- open walls between objectives (especially useful on the bomb)
- open hatches or new angles in floor/ceiling
- finish downed enemy without need to expose yourself to danger
- damage shield attackers – less than Nitro cell, so it’s not the primary purpose of impact
- destroy claymores that cannot be shot due to angle
- impact trick hard breachers’ utility
Community Videos -
Lesion R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides