R6 Siege How to Clutch
Guide to clutching rounds in Rainbow Six Siege!
Clutches are a spectacular aspect of Rainbow Six Siege.
We can often find highlights of skilled players pulling off crazy clutches in extraordinary situations.
It sure is an exciting moment of R6 Siege player story with the game.
In sports, we often hear about “clutch players”. People tend to think that we are either born clutch or we are not.
We disagree with this idea. We believe that everybody can become good at clutching. Of course, some people may be better suited from the get-go to clutch, while others may need more work.
At the core, clutching is just a skill, its an ability.
Just like with any other ability, if you know what you want to achieve, what you should do and put work towards improving in it, you will get better.
With this clutching in Rainbow Six Siege guide, we intend to help you understand what clutching is, what mindset and skills are necessary, and what to do in a clutch situation.
How To Clutch
Table of Content
What does Clutching mean?
Therefore, clutching basically means winning a 1 vs. X situation.
- being outnumbered
- having to complete an objective
- time constraints
- disadvantageous position
TYPES OF CLUTCH SITUATIONS
What we are getting at is that there are endless clutch scenarios in which you will be put when playing R6 Siege. This complexity and the sheer number of variables gives us virtually unlimited possibilities for clutch situations. Every clutch will be different in Rainbow Six Siege. In some, you will be more likely to win, in some not.
R6 Siege Clutch factors
- Favorable - On defense: you're on-site behind Mira's Black Mirror; attackers have to come in your LoS to plant
Unfavorable - On defense: Outside of objective, attackers have full control of the site
- Favorable - On the attack: defuser planted
Unfavorable - On the attack: you don't have defuser and defenders cover it
- Realistic - On defense: 10 seconds to go; defuser not planted
Unfavorable - On the attack: same as above
- Realistic - On defense: C4/Smoke canisters at disposal for plant denial
Unfavorable - On defense: no gadgets at the disposal
- Realistic - 1v1 or 1v2
Virtually Impossible - 1v5
- Favorable - Live intel about opponent(s) location
- Unfavorable - No intel tools available
Clutch Situation types
The Clutch Mindset
- Lower your expectations
- Understand its just a game
- Think of what’s the worst that can happen
- Consider it as a learning opportunity
- Find a team that is not a bunch of a-holes
- Don’t judge your skills based on the outcome, but your efforts
The Clutch Skills
Here’s the list of the most crucial skills necessary for becoming a clutch player in Rainbow Six Siege.
- Crosshair placement
- Recoil control
Check our Skills guide section dedicated to this skill.
How To Clutch
Assess your situation
- Remaining Time
- Defuser status
- Your position
- Enemy’s location & operators
- Enemy’s aggression level
- Available intel and gadgets
A rough action plan
- Will you play the objective or go for kills?
- As an attacker: Which site you want to focus on, and from which direction you will approach it?
- On defense: Which positions do you prefer? What are your advantages? What are your rotation options?
Play to your strengths
Confirm who observes what
Identify enemies' positions
Don't tunnel vision
Clutching On Attack
Clutching on the attack is a different animal than pulling off a clutch on the defense in Rainbow Six Siege.
Below is the list of our tips for increasing your chances on offense.
Use your drones
PLACE DRONES FOR FLANK WATCH
DRONE THE SITE AND YOUR PATH TOWARDS IT
Make sure you’re in a safe spot before doing so. Not having to face check every corner will help you increase the chances of survival.
Try to conceal the fact that you know the defender’s position. Don’t ping or drone in a plain manner.
For learning more on how to drone, make sure to visit our droning guide
Anticipate common spots
- Think where you would be if you were them
- Make a mental note of a spot when you die from it – this will eventually build into a pattern
Let them get impatient
...but keep moving
Pick the defuser
Get the plant down if possible
Clutching on The Defense
Below is the list of our tips for increasing your chances of clutching on the defense in Rainbow Six Siege.
Play the objective
- Can deny plant with a Yokai drone
- SmokeGas canisters can kill attacker stuck in planting animation
- An attacker who stepped on GU mine is incapable of entering defuser plant animation without removing the needle
- Can kill the planter with Evil eye
- Can C4 from below.
- Any C4 equipped defender
Play the defuser
Make them win the round... but don't be passive
Helping others to Clutch
Here are tips of DOs and DON’Ts for dead teammates: