- Three-speed operator
- Good guns
- A great choice for coordinated teams
- Objective completion supporting utility
- Not new-player friendly
- Situational utility
- Lack of breaching capability
- Asphyxiating bolts – burning operators within range
- Micro smoke bolts – providing smoke cover similar to Smoke grenades
Operator Guide - Capitão
Table of Content
Vincente Souza grew up in Nova Iguaçu outside of Rio de Janeiro, the youngest of three children. Tenacious and dedicated, Souza joined the Policia Civil after high school. He was quickly recruited by Cooredenadoria de Recursos Especiais.
During a raid on the Terceiro Comando Puro with CORE, Souza was ambushed as he cleared a house in Senador Camará. Two months later, CORE was able to extract Souza and three other hostages during a rescue operation, however, the damage to Souza’s body was done.
There were talks of removing him from the field. In the meantime, CORE was looking for field operatives to test new gear, and Souza saw his chance. His stoicism and unique tactical method then turned him into a local icon.
That’s when BOPE made him an offer, seeing in him their unit’s spirit, ‘victory over death’. Souza could not turn them down; it meant working in the favela where his gear would lessen casualties.
Detailed information on how to play Capitão R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
- 2 Asphyxiating bolts – burning operators within effective range by dealing 12 damage per tick (every half second)
- 2 Micro smoke bolts – create a dense smoke that acts similarly to smoke grenades, creating a smoke cover for attackers.Differences between smoke grenades and Capitão’s smoke bolts are a wider area of effect and blue-ish color, instead of default white.
Two main benefits of crossbow bolts over similar in role utility are:
Not intercepted by Jäger’s ADS
Jäger’s ADS does not counter Capitão’s bolts as they do not trigger them. Therefore, in Rainbow Six Siege Capitão’s is the most effective attacker at forcing anchors to either remain in a particular position or move away from a specific spot.
Accuracy of boltsUnlike grenades, bolts go straight where Capitão aims (up to 10m, then falling slowly) and detonate on impact. Such characteristic gives bolts accuracy and reliability that can be extremely helpful. Especially when it comes to countering Mira’s mirrors or when preventing visibility of certain angles from defenders.
How to use utility?
- Asphyxiating bolts.
- Force defender to move away from the impacted areaWorks great against:
- fortified anchors
- defender playing behind Mirror
Restrict defenders from moving through a particular locationDefenders are unlikely to attempt crossing burning area, hence such usage counters:
- rotationUsing asphyxiating bolt at rotation hole can prevent defenders from rotating for 13 seconds.
- plant denialprevent plant denial if you burn location at the angle needed by a defender to throw C4 or Smoke canisters effectively.
Deny defuser disableApplicable usage if a bolt is shot at the area where the defuser has been planted. Prevents defenders from disabling defuser for the duration of area burning.
Micro smoke bolts:Using smoke bolts can both hinder enemies and buff your ally (Glaz).
Therefore, smoke is best to:
Decrease visibility for defendersShooting smokes at defenders, or certain angles allows Capitão to prevent a clear line of sight.
It is an excellent way to counter defensive utility or positioning, especially:
- Counters defender behind MiraTheir main advantage of LoS without exposing to danger is nullified.
- Lowers odds of successfully denying plant attemptdefenders have to guess where the plant takes place and are less likely to land successful shots.
- Denies crossfires
great tool at minimizing the risk of being killed in the crossfire – two or more angles held on specific location – as it obscures the view of at least one of angles held.
Aid Glaz playerGlaz can see through Capitão smoke, just like through smoke grenades. The only ways defenders can see through smoke also is by utilizing: Evil eyes, Bulletproof camera, and Warden’s unique utility.
- Jäger‘s ADSBolts are not intercepted by ADS making it the only smoke cover which is not affected by Jager’s utility.
- Mira‘s MirrorCapitão can smoke area in front of mirrors to obscure defenders’ view. He can also shoot firebolts behind Mira window when the opening is available – frequently utilized in the Oregon basement.
- Bandit trickingEspecially in a scenario where a drone hole is next to Bandit tricked wall. Rainbow Six Siege Capitão can fire his Asphyxiating bolts to either prevent Bandit from placing shock wires on the wall or kill him while in the process.
He is a partial counter as he can see through smoke bolts. Not picked often, so rather minor counter to Capitao
His Mag-net intercepts Capitao’s bolts. It can be used to backfire attackers when placed in a creative way.
How to play -
Capitão R6 Siege
Playstyle on the attack in Rainbow Six Siege is flexible and in fact fluid.
Every operator turns eventually into fragger, once necessary tasks are completed, and utility has been used.
- entry to the building has been made
- your team has established sufficient map control
- you have used your utility
- He is a three-speed operator
- Has good AR & LMG capable of dispatching defenders quickly
- Has access to Stun grenades
- The unique ability gives an advantage over fortified defenders
Loadout guide -
Capitão R6 Siege
Explodes when contact with sensor is made, injuring or dealing lethal damage.
Hard Breach Charge
A charge that blows a medium-sized hole in reinforced surfaces.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in Rainbow Six Siege.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
Why such loadout?
Who should pick LMG?
- players who prefire a lot
- who find themselves frequently dying due to running out of bullets, being put out of misery while reloading
- support operators focusing mainly on the objective push and cover fire
Unfortunately, Capitao no longer has access to his unique 3.0x scope. Thus, we recommend to check out the 2.0x Scope as a new addition to magnifying scopes available for M249.
A compensator is the go-to barrel attachment for LMG types of weapons due to its effect on long sprays.
On the other hand, PARA is one of the most stable rifles on the attacking side in Rainbow Six Siege. It has a standard clip size of 30 bullets, with high damage per shot (48) but a low rate of fire (650).
Place a claymore where you expect enemies to flank you from. Try to place it in a way that it’s hard to shoot the claymore.
Community Videos -
Capitão R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available R6 Guides