- New-player friendly
- Remote revive from DBNO for teammates
- Applies buffs to the entire team
- Frag grenades
- Boost can be annoying due to sound disturbance
- Weak AR
- Requires team coordination for proper utilization
Operator Guide - Finka
Table of Content
Lera was nine when she was diagnosed with a neuropathy that included the slow degeneration of muscles and the loss of sensation in the limbs and extremities. Born three years after the Chernobyl disaster in the irradiated city of Gomel, Belarus, she grew up around children already suffering from birth defects. Her diagnosis was the realization of her fears, so when her parents encouraged her and her younger siblings to be physically active, she pushed herself even harder, determined to keep her body in peak condition to weather the neuropathy. She could not be sick if she stayed healthy, her young mind reasoned.
All three Melnikova children grew up playing sports, with Lera excelling at those requiring agility and finesse but there was always the knowledge that the neuropathy would worsen unless someone found a more permanent solution. She decided that someone was herself.
Lera moved to Novosibirsk to study at Novosibirsk State University and graduated with a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology. She remained at NSU in the Biotechnology and Virology Laboratory, her research uncovering treatments for a variety of pathogens and neuropathies including her own through drugs and self-dissolving nanites. While she hadn’t found a cure, she had found remission.
Lera might have stayed in Academia had she not received a visit from the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB). Russian Spetsnaz operators and special agents faced the ever-growing danger of exposure to hazardous materials including organophosphorus agents like VX gas. For the first time in her life, Lera began thinking outside of her own concerns. Her research had saved the lives of perfect strangers, and now they were reaching out to her, sending grateful postcards and photos and letters. She could have a greater impact still. Lera jumped at the chance to work with Spetsnaz volunteers in a variety of conditions as she adapted the nanobots to their high-performance physiologies. Quickly, she came to enjoy the sense of competition, camaraderie, and the mental toughness of the Russian Special Forces members. She joined the Army with an eye on becoming a Red Beret herself, on the front lines of saving lives as a Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) specialist.
Serving in the Russian Army, Lera rapidly proved herself physically and mentally tough enough to try out for the Spetsnaz. It was a brutal course, culminating in Close Quarter Battle (CQB) knife training with Kapkan. A misstep and a flourish from Kapkan, however, opened her face from brow to cheek, but Lera went for a series of bone-breaking punches to his nose and ribs before the pain overwhelmed her. They spent the night in the med tent, neither of them speaking, but enjoying a new, unspoken respect between them. From that day forward, she’d earned her moniker, Finka or “Knife.”
Lera became the Spetsnaz CBRN Specialist, joining the Vympel Unit under the FSB and using her nanobots to help her unit survive hot zones; she was one of the only people capable of tailoring the nanobots to specific operators.
Her work in restructuring Russian battlefield protocols in the handling and neutralization of dangerous payloads earned her notice, and she became the go-to expert when it came to joint exercises with other CTUs. Six invited Lera to help Rainbow Six put together a CRBN unit of their own with Olivier “Lion” Flament as her first pick.
Detailed information on how to play Finka R6 Siege operator
What is the utility?
In Rainbow Six Siege Finka has access to nanobot enhancement technology called “Adrenaline Surge,” which provides temporary buffs.
- 20hp health boostIf boosted HP exceeds 100HP it does not deplete over time down to 100 limit, unlike Docs overheal. Once the boost expires, HP goes back to the original value, even if below 100!
- 25% decrease in time needed to Aim Down Sight (ADS)
- Reloading is faster
- Increased movement speed through Barbed wire
- Lowered recoil when in ADS
- Decreased impact of impairing effects
- Instantly reviving downed teammatesWorks only on other teammates, Finka R6 operator cannot pick herself up or use Surge when she is downed.
- Recoil managementMore experienced players develop muscle memory and automatically pull as much as necessary by spray pattern.Lowered recoil is one of the most significant benefits of Adrenaline Surge, but when I am not playing Finka, I get either:
- distracted by the boost and thinking about not overcompensating the recoil pattern
- do not notice boost in the heat of the moment and try to compensate as usual
- Sound disturbanceWhen active Adrenaline Surge makes heartbeat sound that impairs my ability to hear surrounding noises. As a result, its possible to not hear flanking roamer.
How to use utility?
BE A TEAM FOCUSED FINKA!
DON’T HOARD ON BOOSTS
DON’T GET “BOOSTING HAPPY”
When to Boost the team
- Early man count advantage
– entering building
– clearing roamers
Do not be afraid to use one boost to give your team an advantage from the early stage of the round. Having 5v4 instead of 4v5 can drastically change how the rest of the round will play.
- Late round situation
– Pushing anchors
– Completing objective
– Post plant situation
Try to save at least one boost for the end round scenarios where gunfights are inevitable.
- 1st boostEarly in the round to hunt roamer or when entering the building.Therefore, increasing our odds of man-advantage early, giving the team an edge over the defending team.
- 2nd boostWhile pushing important area for a successful outcome of an attack or pushing anchors
- 3rd boostDuring the final objective push or in a post-plant situation
- SmokeGas deals increased (by 50%) damage to attackers boosted by Finka’s Adrenaline Surge
- PulseBoosted attackers are visible from up to 14 meters (instead of default 9) on Pulse’s Cardiac sensor
- EchoUltrasonic blast from the Yokai drone stops the effect of Adrenaline Surge. Though, it is a double-edged sword as activating Adrenaline Surge will stop disorienting effect on impacted attackers.
- LesionStepping into Gu mine ends effect of active Surge.
- MuteVery situational, but Finka within range of Mute’s Jammer cannot activate Adrenaline Surge.
How to play -
Finka R6 Siege
Hunting roamers minimizes risks of late-round flanks impacting negatively your final objective push.
- Useful utility but non-vital
strats should not be revolving around Finka
- Easy mechanically to use
- Lowers recoil so suitable for new players
- The utility does not require map knowledge, just a game sense on when to use the boost
Loadout guide -
Finka R6 Siege
Timed explosive device which kills or severely damages people within explosion radius.
Hard Breach Charge
A charge that blows a medium-sized hole in reinforced surfaces.
Loadout choices are an individual aspect, and rarely there is a “go-to” loadout in R6.
Sight choices are purely personal and depend on the player’s playstyle, map, even objective & specific role.
Please treat the below suggestion as what it is – our preferences.
We encourage you to experiment to find your setup.
Remember, just because something works for someone else, does not mean it has to and will work for you!
|6P41||Flash hider||Vertical grip||ACOG|
Why such loadout?
- you probably haven’t tried LMGs much in a long while
- you haven’t played Finka much, have you?
- Spear .308Weak AR that has no edge over LMG. Spear deals eight less damage per bullet and has only 20 RPM higher rate of fire, with 70 fewer rounds per magazine.
- SASG-12 can benefit from Finka’s boost and wreak havoc in close range combat, but I generally do not recommend using it unless rushing or messing around.
Community Videos -
Finka R6 Siege
Learn more about other operators in Rainbow Six Siege!
Or go to list of all available Guides