Rainbow Six Siege received a Y5S4.3 patch on live servers on the 26th of January 2021. The Y5S4.3 patch was anticipated by many players within the R6 community and for a good reason. Balancing patches that come out every season tend to shift the meta of the game. It’s hard to speak about the general consensus of a community as big as Rainbow Six Siege one, but it feels to us as if more and more people grew dissatisfied with the current meta of the game.
Does the Y5S4.3 patch bring changes that will make your experience more enjoyable?
Well, you will have to judge it by yourself after reading the below patch notes!
The idea behind the changes is to buff Kali, but we are not sure whether it is actually a buff, and not a nerf.
Long story short: CSRX300 is no longer a 1-shot DBNO machine.
What we got instead is damage based calculation which is more nuanced.
Here are the details of how the damage will work now
- CSRX300 deals now 122 base damage until 25 meters distance
- After 25 meters, the damage drops linearly to 80% of the base value (97.6) at 35 meters distance
- Limbs damage remains unchanged
What this means is that the results of body shots will differ depending on defenders armor ratings and distance:
- 1-armor operators will be killed (up to 34 meters)
- 2-armor operators will be downed
- 3-armor operators will be significantly damaged but not downed
So the changes to Kali’s primary weapon are a buff if you shoot 1-armor defender in close range, but are not in many other circumstances. I mean, you won’t even down 3-armor operators in the point-blank range…
On top of that, CSRX300 logic change increases the usefulness of Rook’s armor plates!
It’s a weird design choice that does not fix the problem with Kali.
Instead, Ubisoft could have buffed the gun versus 1-armor defenders and leave DBNO mechanics for 2 and 3 armor operators. It would be buff without making Kali broken.
On top of that, the damage indicated in patch notes seems to be inconsistent with the in-game results. Below you can see the Rogue-9 video on this subject.
Y5S4.3 Patch Notes
Echo’s Yokai drones received some love after the significant nerfs in previous patches.
- Sonic Burst cooldown reduced to 16s from 20 seconds
- Yokai drone jump cooldown reduced to 2s from 3s
- The drone’s animation for failing to stick to the ceiling reduced to 0.5s from 2s
Hard Breach Charges
Developers from Ubisoft are not fully satisfied with where the newest universal gadget is at.
As a result, charges receive a buff to:
- Deployment time of charges reduced to 2s from 3s
- Activation time to 5s from 6s
The camera penalty has been removed for Guard Break animation.
Please note that the below weapons’ recoil was lowered but only for controller players.
The guns impacted by recoil changes are:
Y5S4.3 Patch Notes
- Withstand mechanic removed
- Resistance to concussion effects removed (both Zofia’s and Ela’s)
- Explosive range of impact grenade reduced to 2m from 3m
Withstand changes got the most attention from the R6 community.
Was it a bad ability? Opinions are split on that one. Some claim that free self-revival mechanic is cheap and not skill-based. Others claim that withstand was just one of the abilities in the game, similar to Doc’s self-revival.
Who is right? Probably everyone in a way.
We did not find it broken. Withstand was rather an annoyance in case of inability to confirm a kill in certain circumstances.
- Breaching round explosion radius decreased to 2m from 3.5m