R6 NAM Pro League
Roster changes 2020
IN NAM PRO LEAGUE
ORGANIZATIONS LEAVING R6 NAM PRO LEAGUE
- Evil Geniuses (EG)
- Luminosity Gaming (LG)
- Team Reciprocity (REC)
NEW ORGANIZATIONS IN
R6 NAM PRO LEAGUE
- Susquehanna SoniqsJoining with a roster of:
- Disrupt Gaming (DG)With a roster of:
- Oxygen EsportsAcquiring REC roster in the process:
LG & EG ROSTERS CONTROVERSY
EG & LG players reactions:
nvK’s Twitlonger post on this subject:
Really heart breaking way to end things for us. To top it all off whatever communication we had between us and Ubi (without saying shit I shouldnt) was nothing short of disrespectful. Literally tossed aside like garbage lol, but hey atleast we got the "goodluck!". fuck off hahaha https://t.co/EHrR22Q9SQ— Necrox (@NecroxLive) April 15, 2020
UBISOFT'S PUBLIC COMMUNICATION:
QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED:
WHY PLAYERS HIRED BY ORGS BLAME MAINLY UBISOFT FOR LACK OF CARE FOR THEIR FUTURE?
If indeed they treated players with disrespect, then the company deserves all the criticism for doing so.
Employers (orgs) are the ones representing their employees (players) in meetings with 3rd party businesses (Ubisoft).
HOW COME TEAM RECIPROCITY ROSTER FOUND NEW ORG?
We haven’t seen emotional posts from ex-REC players on social media. And as we know now, they found a new home – Oxygen Esports.
“We weren’t given the option to look for an org, let alone receiving help from Ubisoft to find one. This information was relayed to us directly from one of the ex-REC players.”
Ubisoft’s FAQ on this situation
- Tweet from LaXInG:
Honestly because @ChadLarsson worked his ass off in getting us a new home. Not taking anything away from the other orgs or players. But Chad definitely was doing his absolute best to find us a home before parting ways and I’ll always be grateful for it. https://t.co/7E6iGwPmHV— LaXInG (@Laxing) May 4, 2020
View shared by Factor is more of a conspiracy theory and comes from an indirect source (someone told him).
WILL OFFLINE PRO LEAGUE BE AN ENTRY BARRIER FOR NEW TALENT?
- Organizations and Ubisoft could have communicated more transparently and respectfully to impacted players
- Negotiations should be handled more efficiently to give players more time to find teams or adjust accordingly
- Organizations could have done a better job for finding a new home for released Pros
- EG & LG players could have performed better during the season